Live For Now And Tomorrow

Apr 21, 2011

What I Saw, What I see



There I stood
Face to face with the enemy
What do I do, How do I react
It's like I made a pact
A pact not to react, just observe
I saw the enemy, right in front of me
I noticed the enemy, right inside of me
What do I do, smash the mirror, where does that lead to
Nothing can take away how you feel, nothing, nobody
It's how you see yourself
Are you a nobody, Are you a somebody
What I saw was a nobody
I saw all the things I didn't want to
I saw a nobody with nothing to do
A nobody with the wrong mindset
What I had to do was get
Get it through my head that all this nobody talk
Was coming from somebody
I was that enemy, I was that somebody
I was that girl, the girl who was artsy
That girl who could foresee, foresee what was ahead
I had a plan, a plan that bred, a plan that begun
It's that I wanted to become
Become someone to everyone
So I pick out the good, I pick out the bad
It's like I made a wanted ad
For someone only I was looking for
I wanted to find out more about my own self
I wanted to share, share myself
So I look in the mirror to this day and I say
Hey I am someone, I am one in a million
I will become, become someone to everyone
No more enemies, no more hating me
I will just, be.

No comments: