Live For Now And Tomorrow

Apr 17, 2011

Forgiveness is Key


I’ve heard people say, forgiveness is the key,
can I forgive you, can you forgive me?
Can we give up the hurt; we twist with the knife,
that blinds our freedom, imprisons our life.
Forgive all the wrongs, I failed to put right,
forgive myself, for giving up without fight,
for all those times, that I let life slide,
when I should have stood proudly, by your side.
The hurt I caused, I should have known,
for failing to water the seed I’d sown,
for taking for granted the love you gave,
that led me to this; love’s lonely grave.

This wreath I lay softly, beneath your feet,
so you may grow strong, and rise from seat.
From stationary, to high speed zoom,
it allows you to exit, this empty room.
A room once filled, with tenderness,
that graced our hearts, with a sweet caress,
the light that shone, from bright within,
lit up your face, like a life without sin.
But now it’s over, the chapter’s closed,
but your books still open - and no-one knows,
what life may give you, just how you’ll grow?
you will find happiness, your breeze will blow.

Though at times I grieve, for what we lost
and count the pain, of just what love cost,
I know deep down, you gave your all,
I wish you happiness, at your curtain call.
Forgiveness is learned, so I’m learning to be,
a much better person, for you and for me,
I’m taking the bitterness, I’m digging a hole,
throwing the guilt away, to cleanse my soul.
I’ve heard people say, that forgiveness is key
I’ve unlocked this hurt, which resides within me
The memories buried, I’ll always keep near,
forgiveness was traded - erased all that fear.

As you turn the page, and I say goodbye,
my heart still saddened, but I will not cry.
You deserve to be, a tree in full bloom,
so I’ll close the door, on this empty room.
I smile, you're happy, one day so will I,
I’ll grow some wings, and out I’ll fly,
to treasures awaiting, and natures song,
forgiveness is key… to righting the wrong.
Our love was epic, worth all the pain
The chapters of story, I’d do it again
But the book must continue, and we must be free
Those people were right… Forgiveness, is key.

No comments: