Live For Now And Tomorrow

Apr 17, 2011

Dear Diary

every single detail,
Every single little pain staking detail
Of what happened.
And I can't tell anyone.
Shh....Its a secret.
I act like I'm happy.
That I grew up just fine,
I act like my family didn't fight every day.
I act like I HAVE a father, and he cares.
I act like I could walk down the street without worrying about someone putting a knife in my face.
Yeah, Im a good actress.

Dear Diary,
People are starting to get clues.
They are asking where my scars came from.
They are asking why they never see my dad.
Sometimes they ask why I'm so quiet.
I just tell them I don't know.
And try to block it out
But the curosity is piling in.
People are starting to know.
I breathed in the cold air and thought about all the lucky people who can look back on their deathbed and say,
"I have no regrets."
I'm sorry I'm not like that.
But I'm not going to give up.
Thats just how I am, diary.

No comments: