Live For Now And Tomorrow

May 27, 2011

Broken Promises



When the wind blows You give me a promise
When the seagull crows You give me a promise

When it's the light of day You give me a promise.
In the month of September You give me a promise.

Promises mean nothing to you, You give them away.
From now on you will lose,What you may.

Sometimes it seems I've spent most of my life
Hoping someone, somewhere Would keep a single promise to me
They are made so easily Most with little thought Just words said at a moment
Because it's what they thought I wanted to hear
With no real intention Of ever keeping it

Some are impossible to keep And that I do understand
I guess it's mostly Just me being selfish For once wanting to be Important enough to someone
For them to stand by what they say
So I go on living a life Full of broken promises
Waiting for the one That will keep their word

No comments: